Are these Tubbs Blues?

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
I believe they are. I walked into a LFS today and saw a brown mushroom rock listed for $15 (plus 10% off sale). The 3 mushrooms on it were no big deal (they look green and not bad actually in my tank) but the rock was decent sized (around 2 lbs) and purple. On top of it was 10 polyps of what I think are Tubbs Blues. Dark brown skirt and nicely blue in the middle. So I call the guy over and ask if that rock is $15. He says it's not actually marked but he'll give it to me for $15 I told him I was really just interested in the zoa more then the rock. He bags it up and tells me the zoa must have just been sitting on the rock they fell off and are at the bottom of the bag. I get home and find out they are actually on the back of one of those annoying decorator crabs. Unfortunately for the crab I liked the zoas more then it and the last decorator that was in my tank cut off a lot of bam bams. So a few are open they look great I would have paid $13.50 just for these zoa:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
hard to tell from the pics but just for comparison heres a pic of my old tubbs... btw these are very fast growers but unfortunatly i dont have mine anymore :( they went from 10 polyps to 20 polyps in a few months only to melt away when i went on vacation for a week and came back to find out my tank was without power for two days and ALL my SPS was dead along with my tubbs, bam bams, duncans, a few plates ect.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Ill dig up some pics of mine here in a bit.. Mine grew pretty fast 2, then I lost the frag I had and found it months later with only 2 polyps left.. Im up to 6 or 7 now!

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
I was just happy to find some. I guess I can't really call them Tubbs. For $13.50 with a couple lb rock with some mushrooms on it I'm happy! The decorator crab didn't have a good day though haha. But he has some nice flowers growing on his grave ;)