Aurora...

Jul 22, 2006
My two Betas will not eat since I bought them several days ago. I've always used tap water with the ACE treatment and never have a problem. At PetsMart, I got this treatment bottle for Betas and I treated the water, but I do not think it is good, because they was starting to have complications. I immediately took them out and put them in a cup. The dark blue is enjoying his new home in the MiniBow 2.5 and the lighter one is in the TopFin 1G. About the water, I changed it completely and they are using the same kinda water as my 29G tanky. I hope they will be okay.

Mom's previous Beta, she used spring water from WalMart with no treatment and it lived for about a year or so. She got tired of it, so the Beta went to the forbidden place.

What water do you use at work? And at home?

Thunder

ninamarie

Superstar Fish
Jan 4, 2006
Kalifornia, Silicon Valley
At home I use tap and treat with betta water conditioner and at work I use the water from the distilled(drinking water) and treat that with betta bowl buddies and all is well.

As for some one taking my fish they have to be hard up to do something like that! or jsut plan ballzy and stupid.

Jul 22, 2006
I've always used ACE, but I bought the Beta water conditioner at PetsMart, because I was at checkout and I grabbed the first thing in sight. I dont know, but they were stressing out. Maybe too much of the treatment? How many drops for 1G and for 2.5G?

Thunder

Jul 22, 2006
Ahhhh... I didnt know how many drops make up a teaspoon. I put in about 10-12 drops each halves a total of about 25. A tad bit too much, eh? Ill try again next time. Been a long while since I care for Betas.

Thunder