Awesome LFS!

FishLuvr

Large Fish
Jun 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa
Some of you may have read my post about my filter dying yesterday.

Well today i went to my favorite lfs, in hopes of getting a new filter, but i had a thought to call them and see what the warranty rules were. as Hagens site says that They are warrantied for life. Turns out it was my impellor that was screwed up due to sand in the filter. I thought that was the case and tried cleaning it out last night but guess i didnt get it well enough. Anyway, my LFS replaced the impellor, FOR FREE, gave me another impellor FOR FREE, and then i bought some Ottos to battle my brown algae problem, i bought 6 at 3 for 5.00 when i got home there was a seventh one in the bag. (they are acclimenting now) and i also bought some Frill plants. i asked for 5 since there was only two left he threw those in the bag to, at the price of 5

so thats 2 impellors at 13 dollars each = 26.00
one Otto at 1.99
and two xtra frill plants at 1.99 = 3.98

total of 31.97 in porduct for free.

And before when i told them something i bought didnt include air line tubing or a gang valve, But i had xtra at home, they gave me the replacements anyway.

Is my LFS great or what.
And this isnt a mom or pop store its the biggest one we have in Pittsburgh. www.Elmersaquarium.com

UP UP AND GUPPY

Superstar Fish
Mar 14, 2006
Sacramento, California
www.myspace.com
Just a question I was reading on that web site about bettas and in the community tank part it says:

Bettas are not recommended for community aquariums. But some people do keep them with other fish. Here is some advice for community tanks:

1. Keep the temperature 78-82 degrees.
2. Bettas are slow moving and like to hover at the top. Provide some floating plants for hiding.
3. Avoid aggressive tankmates that may nip the Bettas fins. These include tiger barbs, large gouramis, , black tetras .
4. Avoid slow moving tankmates that the betta may nip. These include guppies, neons, small tetras, angelfish, goldfish.
5. Possible tank mates include Dwarf Gouramis, Head&Tail Lite Tetras, Moons, Mollies, Catfish, Small Red Tail Shark.

Now I thought you couldn't mix bettas and any kind of gourami.