AWESOME NEW ADDITION!!

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
feeding might not be a problem, but feeding this will be a problem, as wayne said live phyto is pretty much the only option with these guys, they don't do well on any of the more expesive frozen stuff like cyclopeeze, did you do any research on this before you bought it? or was it an impulse buy, I would still recommend trying to return it and get your money back. this wasn't a personal attack, just stating the simple facts, and if you had researched it you would have seen these facts as well. impulse buying is never a good idea.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Well I understand that I am going to need to feed this thing, I have Alveopora that has to eat too. Do any of you have that (out of curiousity)? Mine is doing great. It was an impulse buy but I have also done reasearch since I brought it home today (I am not that dumb). I am going to give it a shot so.... It was only $30 bucks.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Well lets be honest, you have an interesting mix. Without a fair amount of small plantonic food and flock the scallop and featherdusters typically starve to death, as they're invertsi it will take some months , but it's hard to feed them in a small tank without polluting it. That also true of the alveopora and the mushrooms that both feed on dissolved nutrient, and both are somewhat insensitive to strong light.
In comparison the kenya tree needs mucho strong lighting and flow to do well - I think it will be tough to maintain both these two different enviroments in such a small tank.
The gsps are somewhat inbetween, but will do better under strongish light and flow.

Not to be negative, but those are truths you need to learn to live with. Not everything fits together. I would tend to lose the Kenya tree and make sure the lighting has a good strong actinic component to it. I don't know how you're lit or aquascaped. Then, with the gramma you will have a deepish water tank. I would also return the scallop.