Bad anenome problem

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
ok i need to get rid of the anenome that came on my live rock what is the best way my LFS guy told me i coudl inject lemon juice but where as i have no sirnge i can't do that, he also suggested a peppermint shrimp to eat it...would that work? any other ideas that are cheap

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
a peppermint shrimp might work, its hit or miss with them. if you only have one then try ripping it out, but make sure you get all of it, lemon juice or "joes juice" is supposed to work quite well. I would say they would be the best options.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
i wouldn't even risk ripping it out. definitely go for joes juice...lemon juice works if you can get a syringe and you can actually inject the damn thing before it disapears into a crevice. joe's juice on the other hand is easy...the anemone will actually eat the stuff

Kuroshio

Large Fish
Jan 29, 2005
washington
Visit site
injecting ehh? interesting....anyway anyone can buy needles over the counter in the pharmacy section, just ask for insulin syringes. They hold 50 or 100 units (go for 100). just FYI.

(that is in my area anyway, I would imagine it is such in most places)

Feb 28, 2005
Houston, TX
www.myspace.com
i have used vinegar for my small anemones. i just put some in a syringe and then turn all of the current off (powerheads/skimmer), let the water become very still, then slowly release the vinegar near the anemone. the longer you can keep the vinegar in contact with the anemone, the better. most of them die after this treatment, but some of them come back after a couple of days. (i just treat them until they die) i wouldnt recommend this if you have corals or other life forms very near the pest anemone, as this will probably hurt those life forms. good luck.