bad hitch hicker

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ok a few months ago i noticed what looked kinda like an over sized emerald crab only hes not green in my 30 gallon... he usually stays under the rock but in the same place.... well the rock he chills under now has all the old shells my hemits were in plus most of my snails shells too.... how can i trap him?? what should i do?

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
he hid wen i walked up to the tank so this is just a pic of his pile of shells but ill get a pic next time i notice him out

Last edited:

FWSWBW

Medium Fish
Nov 19, 2006
tennessee
Hi, I think you might be able to suck him out with a turkey baster..depending on how big it is. You can cut the long portion of the turkey baster off until the hole is big enough..bait him with some food and let er rip. I know someone who did this and it worked..or you can get traps on the auction site..but crabs are pretty smart and they often oviod these. it's worth a try

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yea i wanna use the glass thing... seems like itll work but what should i use as bait??? i usually just feed mysis and krill so thats all i have layin around right now

Dadstank

Large Fish
Nov 4, 2006
Minnesota
Most likely he would go for just about anything you have for food... if he did eat all of your hermits :( he will be looking for about anything to eat....

I remember someone building a trap with a plastic tube with one end capped with small holes in it and on the open end was a hole with a string tied to it... when the crab went into the tube (for bait) he pulled the tube up n out.

Just a thought...