bad year

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
bad year- WOW

well, last year was my worst year ever in fish keeping. my shubunkin killed one of my koi(a gold ogon), 2 more koi died of some sort of internal parisites(that really sucked, those fish were really beutiful, one was a platinum ogon and the other was a orange and black asagi) then, i accedently squished my 2 albino channel cats with my pump while putting it back in after cleaning, (after that, i went out and got 2 more, their still alive and kicking) and when i moved them in for the winter, i overdosed on algeafix and lost 1 koi(stunning black and gold asagi, damn i was pissed!), 1 comet and the shubunkin, a pleco (i got a new one) and a green fantail. well...only 1 fish survived the overdose, my orange koi with a few random black and white scales. i currently have him, a silver butterfly koi with black spots, and 2 catfish, a pleco, and 2 fantails(1 is orange and has black stripes, and the other is calico) in the future i want 1 more koi, a shubunkin, and a comet. next time i will CAREFULLY read the fine print on the bottle because it said when using this product, the oxygen level will go down and you need a airstone to provide extra oxygen...if only i wouldove known... well, as soon as i figure out how to work this fancy digital camera, i will take pics of my fish and when summer comes, my pond. 10 fish...i feel like a murderer:(

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
the dogs fine, yeah, the moor was huge. it used to scare the crap out of my sister and her friends. i had some weird kind of lighting, because for some reason, he turned pale orange- the people at the pet store where amazed when they saw him! man, its so wierd to not have goldfish in my room, i had them for a large part of my life. btw i did take the oranda out when it died- i probably worded the sentance wrong:eek: oh well...

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
and to make matters worse, i think my snapping turtle probably froze to death in my pond, where hes hibernating because its like -15 up here and the whole pond might be frozen over. i probably lost my plants, too...good thing my fish are inside...