beautiful lighting

Apr 11, 2006
Today I went to my lps and they have a new lighting fixture that just came in last week. The guy hooked it up and turn it on, it was amazing, all the colors of the corals in his tank showed up. It was beautiful. The light is not metal halide for sure, I forgot the model number, but I believe it was made by aqua medic. The light looks kind of blue, I don't know if it is t5, or vho actinic because my actinic doesn't bring out the colors of my corals like that. I was just wondering how I could change my lighting to something like that. I mean what kind of blubs will bring out the colors of corals.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Generally, the more blue/actinic you have the more the corals will appear to glow. You might ask if it was one of the new LED lights. Very expensive, but very energy efficient and long lasting.

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
I just bought new bulbs for my T5 lights and I think you may be talking about pure actinic bulbs...or the new aquablue plus. The aquablue are a white light but with a really blue tinge to it at 15000K. The pure actinics are very purple based. I also bought a midday bulb which is 6000K and actinic plus which is 22000K...I have four different bulbs in there for the full spectrum. The new colors are amazing!

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
Sure I'm just going to post up more pics of my tank anyways, so check out my thread for them in a few...I don't want to bombard your thread with my pics!