beginner help?

djscy1

New Fish
Dec 11, 2010
hello everyone! I'm new to the site i am starting a freshwater tank about early to mid January i have a 29 gallon tank that i will be using i want an invert tank mostly with maybe a couple fish what colorful or just plain cool inverts do you guys recommend for this size tank that can coexist so i can start researching them thx in advance

achase

Large Fish
Feb 1, 2010
British Columbia, Canada
You could do something with shrimp and snails. There are tons of shrimp and they can come in variety of wonderful colors/designs. Crayfish might eat your fish. You want to avoid any predatory fish which might decide to make a meal out of your inverts. Are you set on having some fish? I think you could do a really cool setup with just inverts...do some cool aquascaping.

djscy1

New Fish
Dec 11, 2010
i want inverts my gf wants fish lol so i guess once i get the main one up and going i will have to start a second with just inverts. and the inverts i like are shrimp, crayfish and crabs anyway a combo of these could coexist in one tank?

aakaakaak

Superstar Fish
Sep 9, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
I think it depends on what you get. I know some shrimp are supposed to be aggressive with one another. I know crayfish are supposed to eat fish that can't get away from them fast enough. I'm not a super duper invert guy though.