¿Beginner Tank?

Oct 19, 2006
Southern, CA
ok so i think i have decided that im gonna get a 30G....now what im gonna put in it
-some type of danios
-neon tetras
-and would an oto do good in this tank?
-and i need some advice on what else if anything else?
all opinions welcome!!!!
thanks
JJ

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
I think that for a starter tank that will work. When you get your tank Buy the tank set it up. Then wait about a day till you add fish. I would start with the danios Add them, Only them till you cycle is complete then add A couple a fish every 2 weeks so you dont have many probelms.

Either way keep us posted.
MAHA

mattistat

Large Fish
Sep 9, 2006
Sothern California
you can do a fish cycle or a fishless cycle its your choice. i think the fishles cycle is more humane but waayyyyyy boring i would buy like 15 danios and see howmanny live untill the amonia and nitrites drop to 0

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
Matt
That is kinda mean. I know that danios are a "Hardy" fish but to see how many live?????
A fish less cycle is better but if you want to get started right away. Go to a friends house and bring some filter media back to your tank and you will have a head start on growing bacteria. Gravel or a rock will work also.

MAHA

mattistat

Large Fish
Sep 9, 2006
Sothern California
Mahamotorworks said:
Matt
That is kinda mean. I know that danios are a "Hardy" fish but to see how many live?????
A fish less cycle is better but if you want to get started right away. Go to a friends house and bring some filter media back to your tank and you will have a head start on growing bacteria. Gravel or a rock will work also.

MAHA
im sorry but thats what i did one time and all of them lived.... that was men tho srry.. but jj ill let you borro sme of my rocks!!!! lol

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
If you have read about the ammonia cycle yet do so it will help you under stand what we are talking about.

All fish tanks need Bacteria. This bacteria turns fish waste ammonia, Which it harmfil to fish into nitrItes. NitrItes are also harmfull. There are other bacteria that turns NitrItes into NitrAtes. NitrAtes are only harmfull in Large ammounts to fish. The bacteria that do all of this live in/on things in the fish tank. by getting some rocks or Filter media from an extablished tank it will shorten the time that it takes you tank to finish cycling.

Shorter cycle less stress on the fish and less dead fish.

MAHA