Beginner

Virter

New Fish
Mar 13, 2005
I has a 60g aqua. I was 5 coral and 11 fish... I was taught to switch on my light for only 8 hours a day...!!~ Is tat true...?

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
well, i run my whites 12 and my actinics 14...kind of depends on your own schedule and what you have had success with. you have to balance the needs of the corals with the potential for algae growth and the power of the lights

tell us a bit more about your setup

Virter

New Fish
Mar 13, 2005
Im using two florecent tube, one is the blue 1 and the other one is the white 1... So normally i will switch on both light for about 8 hours a day... I don have a fix time to switch on my light, some time around 10 in the morning, sometime around 11 in the morning, even sometime around 1 in the afternoon... Is that the right way...? so normally, what is the best time to switch on the light...?

Ok, My setup is simply... I dont UV light, no cooling system... Sometime my temperature can goes up to 28.7 degree celcius... I have protein skimmer...!!~ I only take care for KH(Carbonate Hardness) and also calcium...!!~

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
well, your corals would probably benefit from more light and a more regular schedule. my advice would be to get a timer to plug them in to, then the lights will always be on for the same amount of time

Virter

New Fish
Mar 13, 2005
Well, im think to put a timer very soon.. Thanks for ur advice...!!~
My problem now is how long do i have to switch the light on...?
Why my powder blue becoming thinner n thinner... I found my Naso tank that he don't to take any food... And my mandarin fish is getting thinner also..Why is it like that...? Two doctor fish have die also...!!~

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
the mandarin should be sold back to the LFS, otherwise you will find him dead fairly soon, please be responsible and return it, your tank simply can not support these fishes eating habits

Virter

New Fish
Mar 13, 2005
Oh I see... Thats mean 10 to 12 hours is the best...!!~ What u mean is I have to sell it back to the fish shop... I think i have to do that soon, thanks for ur advice...!!~

What I have in my 60g tank is:_
2 damsel fish
1 yellow tank
1 parcula crown
1 Naso tank
1 Mandarin fish
1 Boxing Shrimp
1 Anemone
Then 6 corals...!!~

Is that overcrowd...?

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
yes--the tangs will get big and you might have a problem keeping both in the same tank
i doubt two normal output flourescent lightbulbs will keep an anemone alive for long--you might want to sell that back too
what corals do you have? some have high light requirements and may be doomed in your tank as well--unless you have mushrooms or zoos

Virter

New Fish
Mar 13, 2005
Oh i see... Im goin to set up another 150g tank very soon..!!~ Then only i can keep more coral n fish...!!~ What i Have now is Hammer Coral, Plate Coral, Jewel Coral, Tube worm, Mushroom Coral...

Virter

New Fish
Mar 13, 2005
i heard something about mandarin fish...!!~ This type of fish is not easy to keep,right...? I think 1 of the main problem is the thing there eat...!!~ How to rear this type of fish...? What do they normally eat...? To keep pro...? How...?

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
you already asked about this...

they eat small organisms called copepods and amphipods and generally do not take frozen or flake so your tank must have a larfe population of said pods...based on the fact that you are already ridiculously overstocked i am highly doubtful you have any pods, especially if you do not have live rock (which you have not indicated one way or the other)