Belly of the Dragon

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
is the bulge noticible through his skin? mine died from eating a peice of gravel when he was searching for food, and it looked like a big white bulge in his stomach, it could be that he is constipated or that he has a tumor as well. What have you ben feeding it? and how often? and do you see him actually eating?

Stevie

Large Fish
Apr 2, 2005
Sunny Ireland.
Are his scales(spl?) pointing out like a pine cone? If so could be dropsy!*thumbsdow

My pictis catfish some time has a large belly after feeding,never does him any harm.

Apr 24, 2006
Nashville, Illinois
Yes, that's what he looks like except now he's just a little bit thinner. He is still a bit fatter than when I bought him though. Is a fat fish a good thing? If so, I can feed him 1 whole algae wafer each day instead of just 1\2 or 1\4. He is 5 1\2 inches long and he lives with a silver dollar who also nibbles and eats algae wafers.

Apr 24, 2006
Nashville, Illinois
Does anyone else have dragon fish in this forum? I'd like to see what other dragon fish owners have to say about them. How fast have yours grown since you got them? Also, my "silver dollar seems to look more like a redhook. Its fin is pointed with an orange "L" shape on it. Recently I've seen the "silver dollar" chasing my baby algae eater. He'll sprint toward him out of nowhere and then stop. It's agitating the algae eater. Could this bocome a problem even though he doesn't touch it?