best online dealer

JeLeAk

Large Fish
Jan 4, 2005
Alaska
what are the best online dealers for setting up a large saltwater tank

my nano, i can get away with the limited selection of live rock and such here in town, but my dad has been bitten by the salt water bug, and now wants to turn the 120 freshwater into a saltwater reef

so in everyones experience where is the best place to purchase lighting(gona go halid) rock, and the equipment, and clean up crew

i am a big fan of big als online, and live aquaria seemed to be decent, are there other outstanding places that i should know about?

Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
My dad and I have been VERY pleased with the customer service and quality products of the Drs Foster and Smith companies. (Drsfostersmith.com, LiveAquaria.com, and eTropicals.com)

I hear Marine Depot/MarinedepotLive are good too.

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
my first order was from a walt smith east coast dealer for 2.25 a lbs and second was someone in Ohio for a 1.95 a lbs. I dont know if I saw lifeoceanic on there I must have overlooked it. If I need more (hoping to god I dont) then I will check em out.

Only problem with online rock is the shipping. still makes its a better deal than here (its like 2-3$ a lbs online as oppoised to 6) so no complaints