Best way to clean plastic plants?

Brown algae... it gets on my artificial plants and really gets them lookin ugly. I just finally threw all the old ones out and got new ones.

Is there an easier way than just scrubbing to get it off of the plants? Vinegar, bleach whatever?

Preferably something not likely to harm the fish.

How do you recommend I clean the plastic plants? Scrubbing each and every leaf with a brush is a PAIN.

My hearty thanx to any and all who take time to reply!
Skillet

Last edited:

UP UP AND GUPPY

Superstar Fish
Mar 14, 2006
Sacramento, California
www.myspace.com
Have you tried getting it off naturally? Try getting a couple of Otocinclus Cats, they love brown algae, as long as you have some Bottom Feeder Wafers after the algaes gone then they should be fine. But if you really want to get iit off by doing it yourself, then I dont really know any other way/ But just think about a few oto's. How big is your tank just to ask?

bighit22

Large Fish
Apr 22, 2006
New Mexico
I have plastic plants too. My tank started to get the algae too. My plants were COVERED. When I introduced my CAE to the tank, he went ballistic with joy. The plants are clean now, and the tank stays very healthy. If you like watching your fish go on water rollercoasters, this little fish is the one for you. My tank stays SPOTTLESS