Betta accident

Jan 22, 2007
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
First of all I would like to say hi, i havent been around for a long time. Anyway i clean my 10 gallon betta tank, I added a clay pot. Today I looked and the betta got stuck in the hole on the clay pot, and wasnt going to get out on his own. I went in after him and had to pull him out, He came out fighting and he now has a mark on his back. He swam away and is now sitting ontop of my algea cleaner. Do you think he will be alright, maybe he is just resting from strugling for an unknown amount of time. Heres a pic, what do you think...

[img=http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9532/imgp3124gv7.th.jpg]

TwistedGA

Large Fish
May 24, 2008
Paducah, KY
He will probably be ok. I had a Bala shark get stuck in some rock before and he couldn't get out. I helped him out and he was acting like he was dying. He was swimming upside down...ect... After about a day, he was back to swimming like normal. Time will tell, but he should be alright. Hope everything works out!

Mar 29, 2008
TX
sorry to hear that, He looks like he will be ok. I suggest sealing the hole in the pot with some silicone before putting it back in the tank. They are curious critters.