Betta eggs/birth?

Tayles

Large Fish
Jun 14, 2003
Orlando, Florida
Visit site
Ok, last night my girlfriend was watching our female betta and noticed that she is bigger/fatter now. On the front of her stomach she has a big internal black spot and has something round and white hanging out of her behind. Looks like and egg to me. If it is eggs, what should I do? Should I put my male in with her or what? Don't know anything about breeding my bettas, and any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Zman16

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Pennsylvannia
vago said:
when they have babies, can you keep them in the same tank? what do you feed the babies?
You should let them breed in a seperate tank. Then after they're completely done get rid of the mother and let the father watch them until they are old enough to swim on there own. You should feed them (freshly hatched) baby brine shrimp, but there is stuff that come in packets, like "First Bites".

vago

New Fish
Jul 3, 2006
Thanks for the info. About how many fish do you get when you breed? I heard you can get a couple hundred is that true? If it is I'd need to figure out what to do with all those fish

vago

New Fish
Jul 3, 2006
another question, how do you guys get pics of your fish? i want to take one of mine, but i think he's a lil too dark his colors wouldnt really come out :(