Betta Fins going white and thin

ishar

MFT Staff
Jul 27, 2007
Hamilton, ON.
As the title says, the fins of my betta are going pale at the tips and are sort of thinning out. He is also being very antisocial by hiding at the back of my tank behind a bunch of plants- he has never done it before. Is there something wrong with him? Anything I can do? I tested my water on tuesday and all parameters were fine...

ishar

MFT Staff
Jul 27, 2007
Hamilton, ON.
crap... his fins have white fuzz growing on them now... he looks really unhappy and he has white fuzzies growing on his fins... is it fin rot???? is it fungus??? what can I do????

ishar

MFT Staff
Jul 27, 2007
Hamilton, ON.
well I put him into a bucket for the night so he didn't infect the other fish, and hoped for the best. I was thinking of dosing him with some salt, but when I checked on him this morning he was dead. It happened so fast... there is no other signs of anything on his body just on the fins that fall from the bottom of his tummy. It happened within 2-3 days... could that be fungus??

RIP Cosmo.

ishar

MFT Staff
Jul 27, 2007
Hamilton, ON.
can no one tell me what was on his fins? I know there is no picture but I hope to know what to do in the case that it happens to one of my fish again.

ishar

MFT Staff
Jul 27, 2007
Hamilton, ON.
ah. I thought it might have come from the neons too :(. I guess that should teach me for not having a quarantine tank. If I ever have another fish have it happen to them, is there anything I can do? Put salt in the tank or something?