betta food?

acjdagr8

Small Fish
Nov 17, 2006
Melbourne, AU
Gday ppl. hows it going?

I've a male crowntail in my 30 gal. thing is, i've noticed he doesnt really eat flake food or the floating pellets. In any of your experience, what would you recommend i feed the lil guy?

Cheers,

Acj

acjdagr8

Small Fish
Nov 17, 2006
Melbourne, AU
Well, I've three neon tetras a male swordtail and a female three spot gourami.

he doesnt seem stressed and is seen swimming along as he's meant to... just that i've never seen him eating ..... i am currently treating my fish fr white spot though.. could this be a reason?

Thanks,

Acj

acjdagr8

Small Fish
Nov 17, 2006
Melbourne, AU
well he basically ignores the floating pellets, this is not to say completely.. cause i figure he must be eating something cuz he seems v healthy n full of vigour...

@previous post: the whole setup is only about a month old and the betta is about 3 weeks into the tank..

also, when u mention livefood... where does one get hold of bloodworms? and are there anything else that betta's are known to take to?

cheers and thanks,

Acj

Sep 10, 2004
Texas
Visit site
Hi acjdagr8. I am concerned that you have a betta with a gourami because I didn't think they could house together. Have you noticed any aggressive behavior towards each other between these two fish? I have one corwntail and he prefers the Betta Bio Gold pellets. He won't touch ANY flake food. Keep us posted. Good luck! :)

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
Since your betta is'nt the only one in the tank i sugest trying to feed him cepertly from the other fish who may be eating everything before your betta has a chance to,i have to do this for my betta in my ten gal because she's to slow to get any food.

acjdagr8

Small Fish
Nov 17, 2006
Melbourne, AU
thanks guys fr all the help.

fishwhisperer, i've been keeping gouramis and bettas together fr a while now, but what i make sure i do is have a female gourami instead of a male one, they seem to get along fine... lucky maybe...

as fr my crowntail, i din feed them for a day and a half and the next time i fed them the normal flakes, he seems to enjoy it... not having trouble now...

unfortunately, white spot has caught my aquarium v bad, n i lost 10 neon tetras, 2 SAEs, one CAE, and a female sword.... have treated the rest now.... seems they doing a lil better

thanks again guys,

cheers

Acj

acjdagr8

Small Fish
Nov 17, 2006
Melbourne, AU
Gday guys... hows u all doing?

Just wanted to let u know that the crowntail's doing gr8... Seems to be absolutely enjoying himself.... This afternoon I though I'd introduce them to some thin cucumber slices.. so i suspended one (w.o the seeds) on the water surface... the betta 'discovered' it first and tried a lil bit.. din like it too much.. but he seems to enjoy hanging around it (like a new house) n isnt allowing the swordtail (which likes it) near it...

n he's doing fine on flake now..

cheers,

acj

acjdagr8

Small Fish
Nov 17, 2006
Melbourne, AU
thnks fr the good wishes mate,

it seems each indiv. fish has a a distinct character frm the othr..

im still new at attaching images.. i tried it on my last post but dint work..... lemme try again.... thers a pic of my betta guarding his cucumber slice... lol ;)

cheers,

acj

Attachments