Betta Hybrid

Jun 15, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I bought a new Betta yesterday, and I think he's a hybrid between a veil tail and a crown tail. Can anyone verify this?

Sorry about the not-so-great pic, it's kinda dark.

Anyone? I'm still curious..

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Oy.. okay. Well, the pic is also my avatar. It's not a great pic, though. Let me try to fix it.

Okay, pic should be fixed. Anyone still not seeing it?

Last edited:

kgb

Small Fish
Jul 29, 2005
Mesa, AZ
The Bettas I've bought looked exactly like that... I'll try to get a pic too, if it's alright with you? Mine almost looks exactly the sane also.

Jun 15, 2005
Mesa, AZ
kgb said:
The Bettas I've bought looked exactly like that... I'll try to get a pic too, if it's alright with you? Mine almost looks exactly the sane also.
Yeah! I'd love to see yours. I'm just curious, cause my betta doesn't look quite like my Sister's, and I know she has a veil tail.

P.S. I love your signature. Family Guy is my favorite.

Jun 15, 2005
Mesa, AZ
ashleigh said:
That wouldn't be a hybrid though, as they are the same species. I think that would be something more along the lines of incomplete dominance. The second betta looks like a veiltail.

They're the same species, but they're different variants. Cars that run on electricty are still cars, are they not? They're the same thing with slight variances. In this case, there's two different strains of betta DNA (i.e., crowntail, veiltail). At least that's the way I see it..

ashleigh

Superstar Fish
Jan 8, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
Sure, but it's a much slighter variance than that. Less than between breeds of dogs- it's more like a long haired dachsund and a short haieed. A hybrid is a cross between two completely separate species. Actually I though in your other picture thread he just looked like a crowntail- probably not breeder but a great looking fish.
family guy is hilarious.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2005
Mesa, AZ
ashleigh said:
Sure, but it's a much slighter variance than that. Less than between breeds of dogs- it's more like a long haired dachsund and a short haieed. A hybrid is a cross between two completely separate species. Actually I though in your other picture thread he just looked like a crowntail- probably not breeder but a great looking fish.
family guy is hilarious.
Thanks for the compliment, along with everyone else!