Betta Imbellis Pic

jonni_li

Medium Fish
Nov 7, 2002
Sunny SD
Here is a picture of my Betta Imbellis!!!

There is a small rip on its dorsal fin from when i tried putting it with another male. Not very peaceful as their alias might imply.

Attachments

jonni_li

Medium Fish
Nov 7, 2002
Sunny SD
Female Imbellis Pic

Here is a picture of the female Betta Imbellis. I dunno why her fins seem to be always clamped like that. All water parameters test out fine. I even had it double checked at the LFS. Any ideas???

Attachments

jonni_li

Medium Fish
Nov 7, 2002
Sunny SD
the female was bought bout a month ago. It had clamped fins like that at the store even before i bought it. Unfortunately that was the best and healthiest looking one they got, which should have been a warning sign but these guys are hard to find ya know.

jonni_li

Medium Fish
Nov 7, 2002
Sunny SD
just found the female dead. it somehow had gotten out and dried up. It must have slipped out where the cord for the filter enters the tank. Didn't think it could fit through so small an opening. :-(

R.I.P. girl...

'-JIN-'

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2006
Penang,Malaysia
omg,im so sorry to hear about her death.maybe your male are chasing her and she is forced to jump out tryin to escape.If they are hard to find try to hybrid them with such other cool short fin betta such like royal blue,blue mask and many more,i got 1 tri ban mix with butterfly,it really look dam cool.try it.