Betta looks like a Pineapple!!!!! Help!!!!

Hi guys!! Seriously need your help on something!!!

Got a male betta, slowly been loosing colour etc, not looking too good!! His scales are all sticking out and he looks like a pineapple! He also seems to be retaining water!! Whats wrong with him? Is it too late to save him? Help needed desperately please!!! I have given him medicine for flukes and finrot as he had a bit of finrot a while back! He also just hangs around the bottom of the bowl,I know that they are not active fish but he isn't doing ANYTHING!!!

Really desperate to help him!!

Meg
aka Khuli Crazy

Fish Friend

Superstar Fish
May 29, 2005
England
www.piczo.com
he is dying... sorry to hear this... it sounds like Dropsy..... thios is where fluids in its body make scales portrude and the fish is helpless to its self... you could try getting some dropsy medicine and see if that helps him... but you need to be QUICK!!!!
heres some images of it....

Last edited:

pillowchii

Medium Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Try antibacterial medicated fish food, they should sell it at most pet supply stores. Also keep his water quality IMMACULATE. That's really about all you can do...

JNevaril

Large Fish
Jul 10, 2005
Lincoln, Nebraska
I lost an entire tank of fancy goldfish to dropsy. I didn't think that it was too contagious, but over the course of a few months, everybody got it. :(

Once a fish gets it though, it's pretty much too late to do anything about it.

I think that fish tuberculosis has the same symptoms.

someone will correct me if i am wrong though.

Sandtiger

Large Fish
Mar 2, 2005
Simi Valley, CA
Sorry to hear about your lose, I lost a whole school of tiger barbs like that. It's terrible just watching your fish sitting on the gravel in agony and knowing that there's really nothing you can do. Again, I'm very, very, very sorry. :( :( :(