Betta not eating.

Stevie

Large Fish
Apr 2, 2005
Sunny Ireland.
Hi All.

Just a quick one.

I have gotten a new betta,pic will follow at some stage. Thing is he does not seem to want flake food. Oh,he will have a look and a sniff (do fish sniff??) but I have not seen hime eat anything in a week! Llyr used to lap up the flake!

Any clues? Starting to get a bit worried.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Some bettas are just picky. It might take him a while to get used to it, depending on what he was fed as he grew up. You could try bloodworms or betta balls, but if you plan on feeding him flake food as his staple you'd do best to just wait until he gives in and gets hungry enough to eat it. A healthy betta will eventually eat, he won't just starve himself to death.

Stevie

Large Fish
Apr 2, 2005
Sunny Ireland.
Glad to here that.

He looks very good and is not at all "skinny" round the belly area,so I geuss he is not "Hank Marving" at the moment!

I'll try feeding him Tubeflex worms tonight..............

chester

New Fish
Oct 4, 2006
my sisters betta wouldnt eat any flaks or betta pellets. she resorted to feeding him crakers and bread crumbs for a while. I wouldnt recomend that tho, salt on the crackers for one, and the uneaten food clouds the water really bad. but yes any smart betta wont let themself stave to death