Betta & Rainbow Shark

hillerkim

Small Fish
Sep 28, 2004
Visit site
Hi guys. It's been awhile since I've been here but I thought of this site since everyone here is so helpful.

We currently have a rainbow shark in a 10 gallon tank, and he's doing very well by himself. Well, my MIL brought home a betta from a wedding reception and gave him to us to add to our tank.

Will this be a problem if we put the two together? They seem to be doing ok at the moment but I don't want to aggrivate things because sharkey can be a meany at times.

Thanks in advance for the help & advice!

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I dont think that would have been my choice of fish to put together...but I guess if they each stay out of the other's way you may not have an issue. Ya know...you could just get a cute little 1G at Petsmart with a ugf and everything for 10 or 15 bucks...might be worth it?

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Likely not a good mix. The betta might be fine for a few days (or not) - but they tend to get territorial after a while. Like the others said, a 2 gallon from Walmart is a good option, you might try visiting a couple garage sales too, usually lots of tanks for cheap.

hillerkim

Small Fish
Sep 28, 2004
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I followed the advice and pulled "Rainbow" out of the tank and put him in a bowl by himself. He seems like he's doing alright and "Sharkey" has HIS tank back.

Thanks for the advice! You guys rock! :D