Betta + Snail?

Apr 9, 2006
Illinois
www.myspace.com
Hey everyone, one quick question. Can a betta live with a snail happily? For some reason I want a snail, and I just didnt know if it would bother the betta. He isn't a particularly aggresive guy, but I don't think I have ever had any roommates with him before. Any input is appreciated. Thanks! *twirlysmi

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
Betta's and snails make good tank mates but becareful, my very sweet docile male betta cole ate his snail buddy just keep an eye out for trouble like repeated pestering and such.

But like everything it all depends on the betta =P

My other betta flare had a snail buddy and he does'nt bug him at all and he's the mean betta XD*snail was moved*.

megskee333

Large Fish
Apr 9, 2006
Illinois
www.myspace.com
Are snails very messy in the tank as far as waste goes? I don't want to ruin the cleanliness of the tank with a total piggy! :)

Oh, and also: I know melafix, etc. are bad for inverts, and I happen to be treating my betta with some now. Obviously I would not put a snail into that tank right now. I was just wondering how you eventually get melafix out of the tank system, if at all, so that it's safe for the snail. Thanks!