Betta Splendens

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
If you can turn it down at all that would help the betta get used to swimming. He should get used to swimming after awhile. If you notice he's having a really really hard time you could turn it off for awhile and then turn it on for awhile. Kind of like forced workouts for him :)

My bettas have always loved Hikari Betta bites.

LAVMAN

Medium Fish
Sep 28, 2009
If you can turn it down at all that would help the betta get used to swimming. He should get used to swimming after awhile. If you notice he's having a really really hard time you could turn it off for awhile and then turn it on for awhile. Kind of like forced workouts for him :)

My bettas have always loved Hikari Betta bites.
thats perfect. it didnt even occur to me that hes been living in a small bowl his whole life lol not much room to swim. ill shut it off for at night and off and on for part of the day. thanks

LAVMAN

Medium Fish
Sep 28, 2009
blue betta.jpg Hes doing much better the second day. i saw him eat and he and the clown loach are funny to watch. its like the loach is trying to get to know him lol he'll come up get alone side to see what hes doing and then the betta will turn towards the loach and the loach swims off in a hurry lol also i put a sunkin ship in and he hides inside and relaxes.

Last edited: