Betta swim bladder problem

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
Well my crown tail betta Flare has swim bladder problems again after a week of not having it.Is their anything i'm doing wrong?He also seems to get it right after a dried blood worm treat.

I'm gonna be feeding him a pea tonight i'm hopeing it'll help,if not what can i do?

homebunnyj

Superstar Fish
Jul 13, 2005
Western NC
Stop giving the dried bloodworms then.

Next time you're at the lfs you can pick up some frozen bloodworms. You just cut a little chunk off the corner of a cube, let it thaw in a container of tank water, then feed him one worm. You can give the rest of what you thawed to the other fish.

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
Well i found out yesterday what he's been eating after his pellet meal. He's been eating the new born fry in my tank right after his pellets which in turn is over eating and is pressing on his swim bladder. i've solved it by giving him less pellets and a slice of pea every once in a while.

and i did stop giving him blood worms about a week ago,i was just stating it in my post above that he seemed to get it after i had given him a blood worm and had not been able to recover from it since the last time he had one.

*also i can not get any frozen foods because my lps closed down earlier this week and had sold everything they had for fish*