Betta Tankmates

Oct 25, 2006
Coolville, Ohio
I am looking for some tankmates for my Betta in my 10 gallon. It is going to be a planted tank. I am thinking of getting 2 or 3 Chain Loaches, but I also want something in the middle of the tank. Any suggestions?

Sep 6, 2006
NS, Canada
It really all depends on the temperment of the betta in the tank whether he will allow other fish to live with him. I have one with 7 white clouds in a 10G, and he does perfectly fine. I also tried an otto with my betta in a 3G and he tortured the crap out of him.

Good luck! Neons or white clouds should both be wonderful if your betta accepts them. Though white clouds are technically cold water, mine are perfectly fine with my betta in 74-76 degree water.

ninamarie

Superstar Fish
Jan 4, 2006
Kalifornia, Silicon Valley
Well Ihad 2 ADF's and well I came in last week and Flipper was on a suicide mission to get at tehm or die trying!! So I reamoved them and he was much happier after they left, not he did ignor them for a few days then I guess they just pissed him off one day and he had enuff of them.

Unfortunately they passed way, I had cleaned out a vase and stuck them in and the next day they were dead. Guess the shock of it all killed them.

RIP Frick and Frack.

Oct 25, 2006
Coolville, Ohio
I'm going to try to get the loaches within the next week or two. I might get some ghost shrimp to see if my betta will tolerate them or not. If he seems to tolerate the other fish I'll probably get a pair of platies.