Betta treats

Dec 8, 2004
Visit site
I got my bettas some frozen brine shrimp to put some variety in their diet and they each took a bite and then refused the rest of it. I ended up giving each a pellet instead anyway. I'm assuming this is normal... (???) And I guess I'll just keep giving it to them every once in a while until they get used to it. Does this sound right or should I just stop?

depthC

Superstar Fish
Feb 24, 2003
WI
Maybe it was still chewing the first bite? Most fish love frozen treats but keep with it and you may find your betta loves it. Be sure not to feed them their own cube as that is way to much for just one betta.

Andrew

May 9, 2005
West Haven, CT
You should soak it in tank water for a bit to thaw it. Also, you probalby only want to give a fish a little shrip or 2. If you soak it in water first, you'll be able to differentiate individual shrimp. I shave off about 1/4- 1/3 of a cube for my entire tank (6 fish and 4 frogs) I have the hikari brand that comes in a little tray. I don't know if that is the same as yours.

Bettas like blood worms too, if it turns out they are being picky.

Lisa

freshyyf

Small Fish
May 10, 2005
Your betta sounds a bit picky to me. I got 5 bettas, they basically eat anything I put in! I suggest you fast him and try it again. They love to eat live brine shrimp by the way.