Betta Vacation Food

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
*BOUNCINGS Sorry, one last new thread by me for a while, I promise. *crazysmil

I saw some 7-day Betta vacation food made by TopFin yesterday, and wanted to know if anyone has had experience with it? I'm going away for 9 days on Thursday, and have vacation food for the other fish, except the cories. I was just going to have my dad feed the cories, because I see a disaster as far as feedings, and I can't trust the dogs either lol... or the brother ...

Knowing my dad, he'll think I have a complicated "system" and will feed the bettas the Cory food, the guppies and the white clouds the betta food (which i'm sure they'll eat anyway), and the cory the fish flakes and freeze-dried bloodworms (which dont' sink...).

I was hoping to keep it simple for him, and have vacation food for the 2 big tanks, which house the guppies and white clouds, and vacation food for the bettas, and just have him feed the cories a mini algae wafer once a day... along with feeding the dogs, himself, and my brother :D

I can't remember what in all the vacation food said it contained, but I remember it contained Infosoria at the least.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Just make up ziplock baggies for each feeding for each tank. For smaller tanks, you could use the seven-day pill organizers. Label each bag with the day, and put it next to the tank. The fish probably only need feeding every other day while you're away.

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
I think I'll do the seven-day pill organizer for the bigger tanks, since they get flakes. And I'll have him feed them every other day, at most... since the 15 gallon and 5 gallon with the cories got a nitrite spike of .5... :/