Betta Vases?

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
I currently have my new betta in a 3/4 gallon vase, and am going tomorrow to get him something bigger. I really like the elegant look of the vases, so I think I will just get a bigger vase. I would like to put a plant in there for him to rest on, but was wondering what kind. I like the peace lily, but thought they might get too big. I saw someone else kept anacharis in theres, but there isn't much sunlight where the tank is at. I also would like something that sticks up to sort of create a top for the vase because my kitties are very curious :)

I will be doing weekly water changes, feeding every day and trimming the plants so he'll have plenty of room, and I will make sure that he has room to breathe. With that said, are there any other objections to keeping a betta in a vase?? I might ditch the Eclipse 6 and get another vase for my other betta :)

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
i like the vase look as well its just hard to find one thats a decent size, dont know if you have them but Michaels (a craft store chain) carries all different sizes and shapes, it would be a good place too look for them. i got mine there for about 6 dollars and its just over a gallon in size. dont know where you can find the plant holders for the top of them though.. might have too go look for that lol.