Betta with shrimp?

Smalltank3

Large Fish
Dec 23, 2005
Wisconsin
I've kept a betta before, it was actually my first fish. I know exactly how to care for them and such, and I plan on getting one for my 10g. I currently have no fish in there, just moderately planted.
My question is, will the betta harm cherry shrimp? I am thinking it does but maybe not. My tank has enough hiding spots for shrimp but I am just asking to be safe. Thanks*crazysmil

Smalltank

Guysy1110

Large Fish
Oct 26, 2006
essex
i think the shrimp will be ok if there are hiding places. The betta might show some interest. My shrimps are fine with my angels and i was told that the angels migh try and nip them, but there fine.

Guysy

S-kate

Large Fish
Oct 21, 2005
Ithaca, NY
I had a betta with ghost shrimp for a while and it paid absolutely no attention to them. The shrimp had a clump of moss and a piece of driftwood to hide in but they were often out and about. Good luck!

borline

Small Fish
Feb 5, 2007
I've got a Betta with ghost shrimp and he pays no mind to them whatsoever. To him it's like they're not there, like they're....ghosts.

TexAg08

Large Fish
Dec 12, 2006
i had some females together with some ghost shrimp....it worked fine. i think its like bigred said, its up to the bettas temperment

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
To add to this, I've had bettas both male and female and they haven't given my ghost shrimp a second glance. Depends on the betta, test it out, observe the behavior and if it works, it works. If not, try a different betta.