betta....

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
You cant be so sure that the Betta wont get along with the guppies. Now, the "Rules" of ish keeping say that it cant and wont work; but, like we have all said it depends on the temperment of they Betta (and the guppies for that matter). We all should know that Nature never follows the rules. I would advise keeping a very close eye on your fish for a few weeks (feeding, light on and off ecspecially). If the fish start showing agression towards one another (Guppies vs Betta or the other way around) then someone has to get moved. Good Luck!

Apr 10, 2005
Vancouver Island BC Canada
Okay, you guys were right... LOL :) Less than 24 hours later, and we had to move the betta because he was nipping at the male guppies... I know its terrible, but this morning I had to put him in the largest vase I could find. Tomorrow morning my bf and I will go out and get him a super cool tank and he will live at my boyfriends office. We'll keep the new small tank (likely a 3 gallon or something) at home so I can watch it for a week or two (seeding it with the filters from my 20 gallon) and then send it to his work...

ugh, I'm about ready to never listen to the LFS folks again!!!

First it was sending me home with 6 feeder goldfish and a 10 gallon tank!!!! Then its the pl*co that will likely get huge, and now this :(

Sarah

PS.... So now the guppies have started having BABIES!!! I've got 4 fry, so after I had just come home from getting the Betta a new home, when I realized we had FRY! So I went back out in search of a tank divider, to split up the 10 gallon.... hurray :) FRY! I had always thought that I'd just "let nature take its course and if they fry lived good, but now its like I'm doing everything (and spending enough) to make sure they don't get eaten LOL :) This is a fun hobby!

Last edited: