betta

kadoe

Small Fish
Mar 6, 2006
New Berlin, WI
I searched your archives on this and found nothing. I had a betta who started off slow; I think the stores don't feed them, but anyways, he flourished up until I introduced some Terri Tetra's. I had 8 tetras and within 2 days of introducing them in the 75 gal tank, 5 of them died. Within 3 days of this my betta died. He was fine before this,swimming around and eating, being very active. I did a water change at this same time adding a small amount of salt and stress coat to the new water; only 10 gals. Then I found him just laying on plants, listless, not even eating brine shrimp. I took him out of the big tank and floated him in a bowl. Within 10 min's he died. My friend has a betta who is in a small 1 gal bowl, and that betta also is listless and now starting to swim upside down. It has a mini heater so the temp isn't bad. The nitrates, nitrates, amonia were fine in my tank.
Any idea's?
Thanks
K

jobeak

Medium Fish
Mar 13, 2006
Sligo, Ireland
Did you quarentine your new fish for a while before you introduced them to the tank? If you just put them straight in, they could have been carrying some form of disease that killed all you fish. It is recommended that you quarentine any new fish in a seperate tank for up to a month before introducing them into your main tank or tanks.:(

Jobeak