Bettamax...your opinions please

Mar 11, 2003
I don't use bettamax, but I do use melafix. I think they are pracitcally the same thing: antibiotics that you use when you just don't know whats wrong, or for fin regeneration. I have yet to hear bad things about either one, as they are one of the most recommended meds in the betta world.

Alexa

Scarab

Medium Fish
Jul 31, 2003
Atlanta, Georgia
Visit site
Cool...thanks.

Samson has fin rot/frayed fins [long story: at first, it was just a few holes/tears. Thought he caught it on the plastic plant or had a blown tail fin. Used Bettafix..too slow/not working. Switched to Anti-Fungus (malachite green & acriflavine). Seemed to stop it. So I then went back to Bettafix to encourage regrowth. Seemed to be working for two days...then the tail fin got really worse. So I went back to Anti-Fungus. I'll wait the directed 48 hours and see. If that doesn't work, I'll use the Bettamax I bought today. This has been going on for a few weeks.]

I've heard good things about Bettamax...plus it has metheylene blue and triple sulfa in its ingredients. So I'm hoping I can finally beat this thing. Because of his coloring (deep dark orange, almost red) it's been hard to see if he has any blood streaks..and I've been checking even with a flashlight. I looked again today, with the flashlight and I could see a few little faint streaks on the very end.

He had such a beautiful tail fin too...one of the reasons I bought him. It was spade shaped, but ended in a point at the end. *Sigh* that shape/point is gone now.