betta's eyes gone messed

hello, its dumb dumb here again, i never know if this is a disease or not so i dont know if i should post it in the disease forum or here, but friend suggested here (which is why i am stupid! cant make decisions!) so my betta's eyes have gone all cloudy like, its semi-translucent. its not crystal clear like that of my other bettas, its sorta looks like he is shedding skin like reptile, when the old skin cover the eyes. please help me!

Mar 11, 2003
http://www.bettastarz.com/diseases.htm

It says the eye can become cloudy with pop-eye. I am guessing thats what it is. Usually occurs when there is a problem with water quality. Otherwise I think there is a disease called white eye, but the medicines recommended for Pop-Eye should cure both.

http://www.bettalabs.com/BettaDiseases.html
Just found this info. Has a list of eye diseases in there.

Alexa

well today i went to petsmart, and i was in a hurry, so i asked the dude working there for popeye cures (hoping he would give me something like melafix) but he said they didnt have any so he gave me this "bettafix remedy" <- that is what it is called, and yes....im not so sure if it works...it says it is used for wounds, ulcers, mouth fungus, fin & tail rot, regrowth of damaged fins and skin. do you think it could be used on my bettas popeye?

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
eyrie, I do not ever trust 'cure-all' medications like melafix or bettafix.

Quote Bettatalk.com
"Immediately do a full water change. Keep his water very clean, changing it every third day. After putting him in clean water, add the antibiotic Ampicilex (Aquatronics) to his water. This medication comes in capsules. A full capsule treats 10 gal of water. So for a 1/2 gallon of water, open the capsule and take the right proportion of powder and sprinkle on jar water. You may steer gently with a disposable plastic spoon. This is a white powder and will not affect the color of the water. Do not overmedicate! Once Betta’s eyes are back to normal, stop the medication"

You need an anti-botic, not a cure-all. Ampicilex is what they suggest, maybe Kanacyn or Marcacyn are more popular and easy to find. Remember, get a specific anti-biotic medicine. There is NO such thing as a cure-all.