Better way to feed Cory Cats?

Feb 18, 2011
I have sinking shrimp pellets for my albino cories. The problem is the food tends to get buried in the gravel, and then they can't get it. Either that, or my other fish eat it first!

I thought about buying a small terra cotta pot and putting their food inside of that.. Would they eat like that? Or what about a small tupperware lid?

Any other ideas? Just want to make sure they are getting enough food without overfeeding my tank.:confused:

Nov 5, 2009
CT
my corys just eat whatever flakes my tetras miss. i dont do anything special for them. pellets might be tougher because they're so small that like you said they get lost in the gravel. maybe try switching to flake food?

Feb 18, 2011
Oh, they make bigger ones? I'll have to look for those. I just have these little shrimp pellets that turn into powder when they hit the ground basically. I got them a clay pot today - they all like going in it.

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
I believe some people feed algae wafers too. My cories didn't even like the shrimp pellets (and then my dog ate them.. at least somebody liked them!) so now they just get whatever falls to the bottom and lots of veggies :)

ryanoh

Large Fish
Mar 22, 2010
Haha, my cats ate some of mine. I never see my cories eating the pellets, but I've had them for like six months and they're growing so they must be eating something, right?