big or small?

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
was trying to pick out some live rock today from 3 different LFS (variety helps the growth of a great tank...like some one got 7 types of Live sand from 7 parts of the world...)

back to my question

thers some big and small rocks that i can choose from but im thinking small onces are better (with a few big ones) cuz they have more surface area for things to grown on it.

but not sure about the big ones tho anyone know wat are the pros and cons to either?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I have 125 lbs in my 75 and it consists of 5 pieces, I wish I had say 3 big pieces and a bunch of smaller ones so that I could rearrange it and have a rubble section........

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Another thing to consider is the size of the tank and what you ultimately want the rockwork to look like...

Size is, imo, an aesthetic thing more than anything else. That isn't to say size doesn't matter (;)), but in general we put way more live rock in a tank than is necessary.

TheFool

Large Fish
Apr 19, 2006
Aquascaping is a royal pain with small pieces. Big pieces of plating , porous rock are the way to go - no footballs.
If it's too big belt it with a hammer