Bio-Cube 29 Noob Question help -

Apr 27, 2007
So Fla
Hello everyone. I have search for the past hour on the internet to find the answer to my question and looked all over aquarium forums with no luck. Now i am a Noob so if the answer is posted somewhere on this site i apologize and if you could simply post the link or something that would be great.

Well i purchased the Oceanic BioCube 29 for Christmas. After 4 months i finally found the stand that would be appropriate for my living spaces and hooked the BioCube up.

Anyways on the side towards the back of the unit there is a level where it says "minimum" and "maximum" - which is for the water level in the tank. Now my tank is about as full as it could get without spilling water all over the top rim thing and the water level reads "minimum". What gives? And how do i correct this?

Now i read a post somewhere at the end of the internet that the pump on these things is a little too extreme. Whether that is true or not i have no idea.

I have very little experience with fish tanks and aquariums and i have even tried to contact the manufactorer and have had little luck in finding their 800 number. SO if anyone has the Oceanic # i would greatly appreciate that as well.

Sorry i suck. Thanks in advance for the help.

Noob Master

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
I'm no expert, but i do believe the Max and Min are there to either prevent you from filling to much or letting the water level drop to much. If it drops to much below Minimum the pump might start to suck air.

See if this thread will help, maybe it Saltwaterfish.com Message Boards - 29 Gallon BioCube advice

You're best bet is to look around in saltwater forums/places. These smaller cube tanks are usually used for saltwater over freshwater, and thats probably where you will find the most info about them.

EDIT: This might yield something too, havn't read through it all the way though. Saltwaterfish.com Message Boards - 29 gallon Biocube

Last edited: