Bio load

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
with 10lbs of live rock, 20lbs live sand and 530 gph flow.
would 2 ocellaris clownfish and 3 hermits 5 snails be too much of a bio load?

and later a BTA

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
the clowns where recommened for tanks that are 20-55g
i know a 10g will get a little small once they start to grow.

random: just accidentally created a home-made protein skimmer. more info when i get home.

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
saltwater4life said:
umm you should be fine.

BTW are you going to be using your walmart light to keep the BTA???...

wats wrong with that?

lol nope thats y im getting it later as soon as i fine a better light.

any recommendations? please note that im not rich.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
The problem is they are very sensative to fluctuations...this is your first salt water tank, your are going to make some mistakes, it happens, I just recommend a larger tank for the animal, they do better and so do the rest of the inhabitants.

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
i say its been in there for about a good 2 years fromt he condition of the tank that i was in. he may have split a couple of times that guy just used it as a display.

it seemed fine sayed in one spot but the other BTA (green i think) was in the corner and the tips was in front of the powerhead.

the RBTA was about 6-7 inches long but i bet i can stretch beyond that.

Last edited:

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Sorry to poo poo on your parade.......I think a 10g is way too small for two clowns....one maybe.......and totally forget about the anemone......bta's can get to 12" or more in diameter and in a 10g that would be crazy and somewhat cruel to the animal beside the fact that you would giving it a death sentence. Any anemone is that small of a tank is a disaster waiting to happen. If you really want one there are plenty of artificial ones that look really really good........

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
CoolWaters said:
iv seen a large rose BTA in a 12g nano. it looked great and heathly.
first of all just cause a lfs has it doesnt mean its right/safe... they actually have the means to just put it in another tank if it poses a threat :p
have we pointed u in the wrong direction yet???? nobody hear has any reason to lie *crazysmil i wouldnt recomend putting any type of anenome in a 10 :eek: ....... not only would you be wasting your time and money on this anenome but youll also be wasting all the time and $$$ u have in this project so far...... you seem to be pretty smart and do alot of reaserch but why not actualy listen to what u read??? i wouldnt even try to keep an anenome in a 20 IMO.... i couldnt imagine having a 12 inch anenome in my 10 gallon*twirlysmi it'd be like a anenome tank lol ... and id only get 1 clown 2 seems a bit much...ive got just 1 clown in my 10 gallon and he actually hosts in sum of my zoos!!!

btw the reason u shouldnt have it isnt only cause the tank isnt big enough but also because the water is way more concetrated in such a small volume ;) have you read the sticky yet??

Last edited: