Bio zyme???

Mar 3, 2006
columbus, Tx
I've been calling around to petco and petsmart (thats the only pet stores i know of around here, i'd have to look in the yellowpages for the mom and pops) and no one has even heard of Bio spira, but they say they have the same type of thing (cycle, or bio zyme) but i dont really think its the same thing. Has anyone heard of bio zyme and does it work to cycle the tank, or is it just a jump starter?

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
really dont bother...I think there's one person here who's said that bio-zyme worked for them, otherwise I haven't heard anything great. Cycle is a waste of your money. One thing you can do to look for bio-spira is to check the marineland website for their distributers...marineland is the company who makes bio-spira. You can also find it online, I think even one of our sponsors has it??

The other product that actually I have heard good things about using with a fish-in cycle is called Stabilize...you might ask about that?

The biggest difference (and most important) between biospira and products like cycle is that biospira is alive, its kept refrigerated and has an expiration date. These other products are supposed to help, but no one is entirely sure HOW...they sit on a shelf at room temperature for months/years and no one really gets any results...so personally I wouldn't waste my money on them.