Bizarre Platy Affliction !?

Aug 4, 2005
Hello again, sorry for posting all these questions on the forum, but I'm still pretty new to the serious aquarium hobby. I'm appreciative of those who give advice. It seems my male blue platy, after being isolated in a breeder net for two days for aggression (which has now been cured, thankfully) has picked up a number of bizarre and disturbing symptoms. First of all, there is a "lump" on his chin, which does not appear to be any sort of bacterial or fungal infection, but I'm treating with Melafix just in case. Also, since I released him from the breeder, he has been not lethargic, but isolationist. He doesn't swim with the other fish like he used to. Today, I also noticed that he seems to be swimming oddly and occasionally "twisting" himself- what appears to craning his neck and bending his tail at the same time. And some scales are starting to peel off, too! The water quality is fine, and has Coppersafe in it from a recent bout with ich. I'm worried that the little guy will surely die, just because his sypmtoms seem to be getting worse. It would be a shame to lose him, because he really is a beautiful platy, with broad, healthy fins, a bold "mickey mouse", and a brilliant orange ring across his tail. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Because I certainly haven't. :(