Black Ghost Knife Fish

Aug 18, 2007
I was just curious as to why there is no Profile for this fish? If anyone keeps them would you mind sharing your information on them such as Personality, tank requirements, food, compatability?

Thanks Much. *GOLDFISH*

~Midnight

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
nothing in the tank that can fit in their mouths, nothing sharp, needs a place to hide, needs biggish tank...at least 55g. very docile and shy until it gets used to you

tjmino

Small Fish
Aug 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, I read a little about these fish, and there are some people that claim that they are very peaceful. However, the majority seem to claim that after placing them in a community tank, certain fish seemed to disappear overnight. They also can grow very large (20 inches!!), so they absolutely need a big tank -- although I've never personally seen one larger than 6"

My brother bought one from the LFS a few months back and it disappeared the first night in his 50g tank, so good luck!

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
ya...they will eat small fish...hence why they should be kept in with larger community fish. i see them with discus and angels, oscars and other large cichlids a lot.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Really live food isn't recommended for most fish at all, and certainly not as a staple diet. It's not that nutritional and it can introduce parasites... plus it's expensive and inconvenient.

Depending on the size, I think they'll eat frozen stuff like mysis shrimp. I'm not really sure though.

DISCIPLE

Small Fish
Sep 13, 2007
maryland
try this

blood worms, beef heart , and brine shrimp whilen its small then experiment with the larger frozen foods like krill. if you want get some male and female guppies and put them in a 10 or 20gand let them breed. they breed every 28 days to get your own feeders. your bgk will love you to death.*BOUNCINGS