blenny Id for me plz

RedRain5

Small Fish
Mar 20, 2006
hi all!

I got some pics of the little fellow for u here he is (sry they're not too good. Photo bucket dosn't like me)*crazysmil

if you look in the last pic you can tell that it's got a bit of yellow on the fins and some bit of a spot like patern on the belly. when this fish gets stresed it turns solid black.

I posted a similar mesage at another fourm and the only answer I got was lawnmower blenny but it is NOT a lawnmower even I can tell that.

If it helps this fish was cloected near jetty east in Florida.
It was accidentally taken while collecting Molly Miller blennies. (No idea how it slipped in with the Millers)Mabe my dive partner colected it. :confused:

mabe I'll post some pics from the trip I saw lots of wrases, angels, damsils and a puffer and some tangs and lots of gobies & blennies and some arrow crabs and even some freshwater ghost shrimp in...:eek: salt water :confused:

RedRain5

Small Fish
Mar 20, 2006
from what i've seen scooters don't have "horns" to speak of . The scooter's i've seen have larger pec fins as well.
is their a type with the horns?

RedRain5

Small Fish
Mar 20, 2006
Searching for native florida fish is what I idid first but no luck. I looked for three e days and nada
& i'm sory again but the florida blenny dosn't have the horns(at least in the pics i'm seeing) *sigh* well even if I never figure out what it is it's cute ^_^