Blenny still itchy

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I am all done with my QT and all my fish are back in the tank. Minus one firefish. He decided QT was just too much and tried to jump back in the display. He didn't make it.....

My blenny is still, what seems like itching himself on the sand bed. He doesn't do it on rocks just the sand. What can I do? He is eating prefectly fine. No other fish are having any issues.

Dadstank

Large Fish
Nov 4, 2006
Minnesota
What type of blenny?
Can you be a little more descriptive on his "itching"? Sides? Belly?
If there is no sign of fungus or ich etc I wouldn't worry too much... maybe he/she just has sensitive skin:rolleyes:

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
If he's flashing, chances are he could still have ich. The procedure would be to take every single fish back out of your display tank and quarantine them. You can either do hyposalinity or copper as a treatment.
Let your display tank run fallow for at least four weeks, though six or more would be better.

FWSWBW

Medium Fish
Nov 19, 2006
tennessee
Is he bashing at the sand..like hitting it hard? Sometimes blenny's, in particular, will do this as a warning to other fish..mostly other blenny's or similar fish. My saddleback blenny does this when ever it's feeding time. He will dart real quick in front of another fish and hit the sand bed on his side and then, like a chicken, quickly swim away. Next time you feed see if this is what is going on, if he does this constantly other than at feeding time he is indeed pestered by some parasite, you may not be able to see. Get a cleaner shrimp, he will take care of the parasites in your tank.