Mar 14, 2006
Sacramento, California
www.myspace.com
Ok when I get my tank I am going to get:

6 Harlequin Rasboras
2 Female Fancy Guppy

Now Questions:

1)Do Rasboras eat Bloodworms?

2)Can/or when should I feed the bloodworms to fry and how?

3)How do you exactly feed the bloodworms to your fish?

4)Can you touch the bloodworms if you had gloves on?

I know most of these must be noob questions but I'd rather ask now then be sorry later. Gratzi(thank you in Italian).

Last edited:

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
LOL! I have often wondered where you newbs find these sites. I have personally seen clown loaches over a foot long. They get huge!

No need to wear gloves with the blood worms unless you are allergic, if you are gloves won't help but a little bit. It's best to avoid even being in the same room as an open container of them.

I wasn't allergic, but over time I developed an allergy to blood worms and If I am any where near an open container I start sneezing and my neck gets all itchy. It really gets ugly if I touch them.

Feed them by just dropping them in the tank. You can feed them to fry when their mouths are large enough to fit the rather fat blood worm in its mouth.

For most trops blood worms should not be a staple in their diet it can cause major constipation. It should be more of a treat.

bighit22

Large Fish
Apr 22, 2006
New Mexico
yup. fish love bloodworms. They need to have some variation every now and then, so i would only do it mebee..... once a weekish. otherwise i assume they become un interested in normal flakes.