Blue Cray gets LOCKED UP

Aug 4, 2008
Ah, being a noob sucks. *crazysmil*crazysmil

Well, it took ~ a week, but the blue cray finally figured out how to get high up in the tank and start nipping at fishes. Multiple fishes now have *tears* in their fins from this little guy..

Put him in lock down last night and will be returning him to the fish store after work today.

I must say though, hes is a great little guy. This guy was a rock mover. He rearranged the entire tank. Was always doing something.

Lesson learned the hard way. Anything with pinchers will pinch. (yes.. I'm slapping myself for not figuring that out before.. This was our 1st shell fish with pinchers, and it will be our last)

(He is very photogenic!! )

Last edited:

sombunya

Large Fish
Jul 25, 2008
So. Cal. USA
I had a few Crawfish but gave them away because my Sculpin like to sit on the bottom and Crawfish roam at night. Also, my Bluegill killed a small one and I was warned they would get big Crawfish too. Very interesting critters by the way.

sombunya

Large Fish
Jul 25, 2008
So. Cal. USA
Hey Brian, How many Cray can you put into a certain sized tank?

I've heard that the big ones will eat littler ones right after they shed their shell and the new one is still soft. Is this true? If it is true will feeding them well prevent this?

Finally, I've also heard they need something to climb on so they can get out of the water once in a while (the few I've had never had that. I ended up giving them away).

I think a Cray tank would be extremely interesting. Please give a few pointers about tank size and stocking.