Blue Gourami tender??

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Um...I've never heard of them being particularly fragile. What size tank are you putting them and what are the water parameters/conditions? Are there any other fish in there?

Did you get all 4 of them from the same place? Sometimes petstore fish aren't the greatest quality to begin with.

Apr 18, 2004
Visit site
first we put 1 in a 29 gal w/ some other fish. 1 other gourami chased it and bit it. We separated them but it was too late. Ever since with the other ones they've been mostly alone in a 10gal. Our latest one, we had just put in some Afircan Dwarf Frogs, and then it got sick and died. The tank's conditions are all fine. About 3/4 of them were from 1 place and 1 was from another.

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
Whew, by the title of the thread, "Blue Gourami Tender" I though you had breaded and deep fried a gourami fillet! I think gouramis are some of the hardiest fish I have ever kept except for corydoras.

Mar 24, 2004
gainesville, fl
plaza.ufl.edu
mine are some of the toughest fish imaginable. a couple of mine spawned a couple years ago, and once they grew a bit i managed some of them in unheated 5g buckets and rubbermaid containers...some of these had pretty big temperature swings too, and they never had problems.