Blue Lobster

hhierl

New Fish
Oct 22, 2002
home.adelphia.net
Any body keep these? I am thinking of putting one of these in my tank, 60 Gal hex or the 10 gal, but am not sure if they are to aggressive. If you do keep these what kind of tank mates do you have for it?

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Well the blue lobster is not something I would keep in my tank. They are pretty aggressive and they will catch your fish and kill them with their claws. I would not suggest it. :( :) :D

fishstik

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I used to have a blue lobster named Ferdinand in a 10 gal, then a 30, with an assortment of gouramis and barbs, and he never bothered anyone! as long as the fish are fast enough, they should make it!! :) Though make sure to cover up ANY holes in the top of the aquarium! He climbed out one day and I found him crawling on the floor!

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have heard and seen this little guys in our creek and LFS but, in the LFS they said that it would probally.... if your fish were to breed they would eat the young :eek: I wouldn't suggest this either 8)

Jan 24, 2007
hhierl said:
Any body keep these? I am thinking of putting one of these in my tank, 60 Gal hex or the 10 gal, but am not sure if they are to aggressive. If you do keep these what kind of tank mates do you have for it?
hello i gess each has it's own persinalty i have a black gost fish they are closs to blind and have no scalls sensitive fish but my blue lobster lets him stay in the same log!!So if you feed the lobster i think they can be verry passive. Or maybe i have a verry sweet lobster with a hart as big as his claws:) I plan on putting up a pic soon as i get a good camra