Blue Lobsters

Jun 15, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Does anyone have a Blue Lobster? I read about them on LiveAquaria.net or, if you're too lazy, then here. It says that they're freshwater. Was just curious to know if anyone has any, and what other types of fish they have in with it (if anyone actually has any).

Jun 15, 2005
Mesa, AZ
-.- Welllll.. I haven't seen any in person, but I've seen pictures. They're a pretty stunning blue, and thought it might be fun to have a lobster, even if it is a lot of work. I'm thinking about loaches as well, but still am iffy 'cause they're both bottom-dwellers...

discus4everGrl

Superstar Fish
May 24, 2005
Chesapeake, Va
when you say lobster your talking about those one's that look like crayfish right? They are cool. I've wanted to expand my aquatic enviroment with either a lobster or frog. Not sure what's safe and what's not. I know I can't keep frogs with discus because frogs carry some type of disease discus catch, but I saw an albino one that might be cool in my 30 gallon. sorry for highjacking.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
IMO, if you really want one, it's better to set one up in its own tank. They will eat fish (especially when the fish are asleep), so you risk having your fish killed and eaten by them. They require cooler temperatures than tropical fish (72-74F). Only keep one to a tank, except during breeding, as they'll kill eachother otherwise. They are known for eating/digging up plants, so be prepared for that, too. They need a cave in which to hide. They eat sinking pellets/wafers, and tend to prefer meaty foods.

That's about all I can think of now. :)

Cutlass

Large Fish
May 16, 2003
Galloway, OH
Visit site
Yeah, I’m not sure why Blue Lobsters are not marketed as aggressive tankmates. They’ll try to catch anything and eat anything they can catch. Avoid getting one if you have fish than hang out near the bottom.