Blue Rams

newman187

Medium Fish
Mar 28, 2005
Salt Lake City, UT
Purchased these guys (pair m & f) on sunday, I feed my fish every other day usually brine shrimp/blood worms with the occasional flakes and these little round fish food, but these guys done seem to eat anything. What do you guys feed your blue rams? I would like to know so if i have to feed them something specific then i'll stop by the lfs and grab it.

Thanx

newman187

Medium Fish
Mar 28, 2005
Salt Lake City, UT
PH: 7.1
KH: 80 ppm
Temp: 78F

I haven't done any other tests for a while, i'm going to take a sample to the LFS and have them take it down town, i'll keep you posted.

I have 12 neon tetras, 2 rosie barbs, 2 bala sharks, 1 mickymouse platty, 3 sae's

They always seem to be picking off the bottom of the tank, but when I put the brine and blood worms in there they never go for them (about 3 feedings since i got them)

dss2004

Large Fish
Oct 1, 2004
Frisco, Texas
www.freewebs.com
Don't overfeed while trying to get them to eat. I have done this before. If they are healthy then they will eat in a few days. IME German and Blue rams are very shy. They probably won't start to eat until they feel comfortable. If you have a nice piece of drfitwood for them to hang out and retreat to, they might start to become a little more relaxed and feed. May just take some time. You have a couple of fast moving fish in there so it may take a little longer.